YÖS is the acronym of “Yabancı Öğrenci Sınavı”, meaning the exam for foreign students. This exam was conducted as a national university entrance exam by ministry of education Turkey until 2010, but Since 2011 each university has its own YÖS. The universities design their YÖS in a standard manner. With a reasonable score in this exam, students can apply for universities to study different majors such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, engineering, architecture, social sciences.
YÖS exam consists of 3 subjects: IQ, Mathematics, and Geometry.
Most of exams have 80 questions- 45 IQ, 35 Math and Geometry.
Universities offer their YÖS exam in both English and Turkish. In addition, some universities hold exam in other languages such as Persian.
Exams start from late March and continue till mid June; during this time exams are conducted in different cities, but mostly in Turkey’s capital city, Ankara.
Exam results are released 2 – 3 weeks after the exam date.
ITTC’s Exam Preparation Center offers YÖS-prep courses.
These are some of the educational services by ITTC:
● Over 800 hours of teaching, testing, and counseling
● Academic Structure of YÖS Department including HOD, Main Course Instructers, and
● Intensive Turkish Classes before the start of the main courses
● Over 30 standardized mock-tests
● Weekly and monthly quizzes
● Special mathematics terminology booklets and classes
● Testing skills and time management classes
● Various up to date course books
Online, Blended, and Face-to-Face Courses:
● Question and Answer sessions
● Quiz and Mock Analysis